#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday Music/Musings: Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

Hola,

Not quite sure where I'm going with this one yet, which I suppose makes for good musing notes.

The main reason for this blog is to give my three boys more insights (in the future) into what makes/made me tick, especially when I'm not around to look them in the eye when they roll their own eyes and ask me the why's questions.

And, while fun travel posts are easy to write, today's post caused a little heartburn as I ate a huge piece of humble pie Sunday.

The details will be in a future post... Hell, I'm not going to make it too easy for you boys, (don't Google it lads, click through and read the next few posts:) but I've had a few non-health-related wake-up alarms these last weeks and months, and Friday I answered the call.

Funny thing is, and forgive the mysterious clumsiness (the humble pie remains stuck in the old craw) but I process everything in my own way and time. I'm a huge pushover, but don't push me toward "your way," as I will gleefully do exactly the opposite -- unless I believe in the cause -- and then, I'm your presidential campaign manager.

Anyway, focus Mark, focus.... dear Lord...

So, yeah I stepped way out of my comfort zone and took care of some shit I had to take care of, and the results weren't half as bad as expected.

I guess the easiest way to explain without explaining is to say I rolled the dice six months ago on a project and while it hasn't worked out professionally, I now move forward knowing I did every-damn-thing I could to be successful, but when it comes to sales, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

#ThisTooShallPass. 

So, onward and upward I go (again,) and with several irons in the fire, including one that would completely freak me out if  it were to come to pass... a very slimmish chance to have the dream writing job I thought had passed me by. (Even if I don't get it now, I'm super stoked to have gotten even a sideways glance.)

PS: That song? Check it out if you don't know it. It's one of my absolute favorites and today it fits like a snug bug in a dodgy rug.

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

About the only thing in humble pies favour is that to the best of my knowledge it has no calories. It isn't delicious but is sometimes essential.
Good luck as you move ever forward.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - at least you know what's going on ... relax and as you say life moves on - good luck ... cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you did all could and it wasn't meant to be, you are wise to move on now. It will be all right.

CWMartin said...

Know the song well enough... and you've been around long enough to know that you learn from each failure, and trying to control what you don't control just leads to frustration. The world often never knows what it missed out on. Onwards and Upwards!

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're moving on if what you poured yourself into has not panned out. There is always that moment when you make the decision to live in the present. Good for you and good luck with the new venture. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you do get the "dream" job...

Jo said...

That would be fab if you did get your dream job, fingers crossed for you.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;