#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, September 9, 2013

Save the Date: *Dec. 9* CheersFest is back!

Aloha,


...On December 9th :)

Wow! It’s been a year already and here we are about to launch CheersFest 2.0.
There have been some minor changes and tweaks to our 2012 Cheers, Cavanaugh Blog Fest, so here’s some basic info:
We have five co-hosts this year, including Alex, (who was the inaugural recipient of CheersFest (aka AlexFest :)
For now, here are some Save-The-Cat Date bullet points:
What: CheersFest 2013. Someone deserving will be roasted (like a cute, little brown coffee bean.)
When: Dec. 9, 2013
Who: The winning recipient will be roasted via popular vote.
The winner will be someone who is a constant presence, is positive, possesses integrity; is involved in the online community (participating and hosting); is supportive of others and is a major force in the blogging community.
(Disclaimer: Co-hosts, their immediate family members and employees of Planters Roasted Peanuts are ineligible to vote for anyone named Gary.)
 
How: Once launched, each of the five co-hosts will take a week to review comments and selections made via comments on their blog.
Co-hosts will advance one name each, and will make - and announce the final vote.
The recipient (Roastee) will be revealed at least three weeks out, allowing folks the time to join a special CheersFest Linky ahead of their roasting posting.

Here’s what we need from you guys – nominations.
Who best fits the criteria above? Who is a positive force, an active participant, always positive, and makes a big difference in the blogging world? Leave your nomination in the comments and next week, the five hosts will pick one person each and then we’ll vote from that point.

That's it!

Save the date and see you then!

PS: If interested, I'm still taking suggestions and questions for my upcoming trip to Holland :)




26 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I have marked the date in my brain.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Should be fun. It was hilarious to do Alex last year.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The disclaimer made me laugh!
And you gave me a hyperlink. I've just died and gone to Heaven...

Yolanda Renée said...

Sounds like fun, and I just read where someone nominated you!

Morgan said...

Just read Yolanda's comment---haha. One of these days you won't be hosting, and we'll get YOU, Mark!

Stoked for your trip. You MUST take lots of pics and wear your SIGGY costume at least once! Pleeease???

THis will be an awesome fest. Can't wait. :D

Libby said...

Hmmm, a roast you say. Enjoy!

~Sia McKye~ said...

I'd say top of the mornin to you but you're probably still snoozing while my morning is just topping. :-)

Huh. You guys come up with some of the creative blogfests.

Have a great time with your da!

http://myjustsostory.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Last year's was fun. Will be exciting to see who is nominated... what a tough pool though-- so many great people!

Lydia Kang said...

That sounds like fun! Hmm, who's it going to be?

Lydia Kang said...

That sounds like fun! Hmm, who's it going to be?

David P. King said...

Glad to be on board for this awesomeness! :)

Suzanne Furness said...

Sounds like fun, who will be the lucky roastee this year I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun,

Yvonne.

JJ said...

Suggestions on Holland: Have a great time. It is fabulous. Go off the beaten path.

Arlee Bird said...

I've saved the date on my blog schedule. On Alex's blog I already suggested Jeremy from Retro-Zombie, but now I'm sensing a subliminal push for our Anti A to Z Mascot Gary. Actually not all that subliminal or even subtle. I'll have to stick with Jeremy since I already said it, but I wouldn't argue about Gary either. (or whoever gets picked for that matter) Plenty of deserving coffee beans out there.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

klahanie said...

Hey Mazza!

Yay, yet another blogfest! The roasty toastie and look at the hostie, blogfest, or whatever it's called! :)

Ah yes, your disclaimer. I'm going to have a "Planters Roasted Peanuts Employees" non-blogfest.

I'm thinking I'd give a vote to Arlee Bird. Give the man a letter of the alphabet and he turns it into an episode of Sesame Street.

I have a suggestion for you in regards to Holland. Get on your wooden ice skates and go on up the Amstel. It might be a good idea to check to see if the Amstel is frozen.

Goodbye and thank you.

Gary

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Sounds fun and I'm definitely nominating a certain funny man. Clue: his name is Mark. And I'm not talking about Means since his last name starts with K and he lives in Hawaii. *grins*

Unknown said...

Well, everyone I would've nominated is excluded. Perhaps I'll just roast you all anyway. :)

Misha Gerrick said...

I think it's an awesome idea!

Mmm... I'm still thinking though. There are some really amazing bloggers out there.

Misha Gerrick said...

Wait wait wait! I know.

Al Diaz.

Unknown said...

Wow. Pick one- I don't know if I could pick just one!

Bob Sanchez said...

Interesting idea of a roast, Mark. If my cyberbuds Alex and Stephen are part of it, I know it'll be fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way.

The Words Crafter said...

I'm curious who the roastee is going to be!

Holland: why wooden shoes?

Julie Musil said...

I already voted on Morg the Borg's blog! My choice was Martina with Adventures in YA Publishing. Awesome gal who helps so many writers :)

Melissa said...

If I can nominate on multiple blogs, I'll say: Al Diaz and ML Swift.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark ... enjoy Holland and seeing your Dad and family .. then for roasting come Christmas time .. I'd suggest the Viking chick = Tina ..

Cheers Hilary

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;