#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Midweek Moments - Spain & Ireland

Hola,

Here's two weeks of Midweek Moments, and I blame the holidays for my recent laziness.

Enjoy and hope your week is going well.

This region has seen much political upheaval, and it continues, even if the initial enthusiasm has flagged..


Sneaking a peek at the exterior of a church being restored.


The old man by the sea - again!


I love finding these number changes, and always wonder why and when?


Walking home one night (in Dublin) and the swans glided over to see if I had any bread.


Relaxing on the patio with my beloved :)


Definitely some cultural food differences, but Spain is the world's #4 for life expectancy... 


...maybe because it's nice to relax in the sun and watch the world go by?

A picture of me Da smiling! (Normally, he acts like a grumpy git!) 

When your ground-floor hotel room doesn't come equipped with a fridge, use the ledge!

Christmas reunion in Dublin. I know these four lads for a combined 180+ years :)



7 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

One of my new authors is from Dublin! We should chat.

CWMartin said...

Once again, for the second blog in a row I have no intelligent comment. Thus: So is your "beloved" your lady or the San Miguel?

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely photos. Hooray for long lasting friendships.

Mirjam said...

People in Spain are predicted to have the longest life expectancy in the world by 2040......she said proudly.......

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/16/spain-to-beat-japan-2040-world-life-expectancy-league-table

Elizabeth Seckman said...

The romantic in me is going to assume your beloved is the girl and not the beer.


In the winter, I always put my drinks out on the deck to keep them good and cold. And it's just a wonderfully lazy way to just drop the 12 packs at the door instead of unpacking them in the fridge.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I still don't want to see a whole baby pig in my grocery store.
I remember setting the wine outside to stay cold a few times...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - common sense prevailing for the beer, or wine, or milk ... til the temps rise - so glad you got home and were able to spend time with family and see friends. I'm sure the culture and life style is going to be very different - but you're used to that sort of thing ... enjoy the changes - cheers Hilary

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;