#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, December 3, 2012

AlexFest Linky List & "And You Are...?" Blog Hop


Aloha,

Today, I’m participating in the And You Are…? Blog Hop.

Hosted by Emily R. King and Tammy Theriault, the answers to the fun questions are below, but before I bore you all to absolute tears… an update!

Signups to the Cheers, Cavanaugh BlogFest are up to 113 as of Sunday evening.

There is still time to sign up for “AlexFest,”  and remember, if we get to 200, I will be posting a video on YouTube of me dancing the Bald White Guy Hawaiian Hula…, so come along and join the Par-tay J

Full details here and the Linky is posted BELOW :)

 

OK, so who am I and why am I here…

 

1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten?

 ONE – and that was a week after I moved to California with my then-new Mustang GT (Ahh, the memories of speed and not listening to the latest Wiggles CDJ)

2. Can you pitch a tent?

 Why would I pitch a tent when I’m working hard to pitch my WIP? Seriously, people.

3. What was your worst vacation ever?

 My friends would say “every vacation I was a part of,” but I hesitate to agree. For me, it was Magaluf, Spain, 1987.

A group of us lads were out and I was later detained (cough) by Spanish cops for “slightly exuberant activity involving a cold, bubbly beverage.”

They kept me downtown for hours, trying to extract a $50 “fine” from me, but that was the rest of my money for the vacation, so I was like, no way, Jose. (He was amazed I knew his name.)

Eventually, they let me go, whereupon it took *hours* to find the white-painted hotel we were staying at.

By the time I entered the room, I expected to find phones ringing and faxes burping out stacks of important-looking paper as my friends frantically worked with the Irish Embassy and Spanish Authorities to get me back safely.

But, no.

I was the first one back. The lads were still out partying ;)

4. What was the last thing you bought over $100?

 A Sony Tablet two months ago – which I promptly lost on an airplane last week…

5. We're handing you the keys to what?

 A new minivan J (The ghost of my old Pony is snickering, but whatever, dude.)

6. What was the last meal cooked that made even you sick?

 Breakfast in Paris (1992) – it was an egg omelet made during another “event” with a different set of The Lads.

7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like _____?

Yo mamma. Sorry, Becky, but it’s true.

8. What was your first car?

 A 1985 Pontiac Sunbird – convertible. Bought when I lived in Key West (1996) and driven for a couple of years before I moved to Chicago.

9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first?

 If it’s one of The Lads, I will always take pictures first, post them somewhere online and then ask if he’s OK. If it’s my wife, you know I gotta take care of The Lady first J

10. What's the worst song ever?

 Anything by Justin Berber Carpets.

 
###

As promised above, for anyone wanting to sign up, here is the Linky List for ALEXFEST :)

 

41 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Jose, what a kidder. (: Oh and are you sure it was the egg omelet that made you sick? Hummm... :P

Trisha said...

Justin Berber Carpets, love it! hahaha. Wow, your vacations sound.... interesting. Love that the boys were still out partying by the time you got back. LOL.

I'm all signed up for AlexFest, and now I really hope we hit 200! haha

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

Didn't expect the mini van after the vacation answer. Fun blog hop.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like those lads were nothing but trouble for you!

Suzi said...

Hey, I had a Sunbird too. Except mine was 1987. And it wasn't a convertible because convertibles are not practical cars where I live. And you know... I've never really liked them anyways.

Kirsten said...

Wow, sounds like you and the Lads really got around! Fun blogfest, and it's good to know that I'm not the only one with no interest in Justin Bieber!

Dani said...

You lost your tablet!? That stinks, hopefully it shows up soon.
Everyone needs a good group of lads/ladies.

M.J. Fifield said...

Oh, your answers made me laugh so, so hard. It's difficult to choose a favorite but I'm torn between the vacation story and your answer to #7. So Thanks for the hilarity. Too bad about your tablet though.

PK HREZO said...

I thought sure I was following you already, Mark, but anyway, problem fixed.
Geez you lost your tablet already?? WHat a bummer. SOrry to hear that, but love to read about all your travels! :D

Anonymous said...

So. You have a record eh? Duly noted. Ya little law-breaker you.

Oh and so sorry about losing the tablet. I rarely splurge on myself and it would make me sick to lose something like that.

Mina Burrows said...

Another Bieber comment. That's hilarious. I agree by the way. :)

Emily R. King said...

I love that you unabashedly proclaimed you want a minivan. Maybe Santa will bring you THAT for Christmas! :)

Tara Tyler said...

you so funny!
lost your tablet? sounds like my sons!
and yo momma! ha!!

Julie Flanders said...

What a fun fest! LOL, the Spanish vacation cracked me up, although I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. Sorry you lost your tablet, that sounds like something I would do.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

YOU WIN!!! Emily and Tammy, Mark gets the visit from Mrs. Clause...enjoy that bald man!

Patti said...

That sounds like quite the vacation, at least you know have a great story to tell.

Johanna Garth said...

Bummer about the tablet loss and the first time I read the Justin Berber Carpets I thought, instead of anything, it was annoying and was all like, hmmm, such an apt name for all of his songs!

Suzanne Furness said...

That sounded like one heck of a vacation!

Morgan said...

Oh to be a stalker and follow you and your lads around, Mark! Hahaha... Dyyyyying...

I bet you have many a great stories to tell, aye? Ye dinna need to be shy... tell us yer full tale, Mark! ;-)

And I WANT THE HULA FOOTAGE... Must. Get. Linky. To. 200.

!!!

Azara said...

I was nearly detained once by the cops for slightly exuberant activity involving alcohol...except I was completely sober. Good times!

cleemckenzie said...

Ouch! You bought the iPad and then lost it? So sorry.

Tamara said...

Ugh!! That sucks about your Tablet!!

But it's an awesome vacation story. haha Sorry for laughing at your expense. :)

M Pax said...

I had some lads and lasses in my younger days, too.

I just loaded up AlexFest. Woot!

Nicole said...

I can't imagine you doing anything only "slightly exuberantly," Mark! Ever. ;)

Ciara said...

Oh, no! You lost it just a couple months after buying it. I'm so sorry.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

It may not be cool, but a new minivan would be my answer, too!
Sounds like you're a pretty fun guy to have on vacation! ;)

Kelley Lynn said...

I 100% agree with this:

Why would I pitch a tent when I’m working hard to pitch my WIP? Seriously, people.

Boycotting tent pitching until further notice :)

Melissa said...

Jose. Too funny. :D

The *keys* I'd choose would be to my own apartment. hahaha

Carrie Butler said...

86 more entries until Bald White Guy Hawaiian Hula! :D

Sheena-kay Graham said...

You gave the best answer to the tent pitching question. Still laughing. Yes taking care of your lady is top priority. Plus she knows where you sleep. You and the lads had some adventures.

Hilarious as always Mark.

Tammy Theriault said...

your vacay story had me laughing...i'm seeing potential here...

Trisha said...

Re: your freezer offer, lucky for you that my freezer is really small so it shouldn't take ya too long! hehe

Samantha May said...

You're hilarious! Your friends are pretty much like my friends. If I were in the same situation that exact scenario would have played out :P

Shannon Lawrence said...

Hysterical vacation story! I can't believe they let you leave without paying.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Miranda Hardy said...

Love the vacation story! You're a hoot, Mark!

David P. King said...

We have quite a list going. Hopefully Alex will be able to catch them all. And I feel the same way you do about Pitching tents. Priorities, people! :)

Unknown said...

Stopping by to say hi. The answer to #7 had me laughing. Have a good day.

michelle said...

It makes one wonder just how many different sets of "The Lads" exist...
You lost the Tablet? Oh no! Sorry to hear that...
Thanks for the entertaining answers!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol at the answer to the tent pitching question.

I'm really happy for Alex. It will be a HUGE event.

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! Mark, you crack-me-up!!! I love your vacation story! bahahaha!

Libby said...

That sounds like an awful vacation. Wow.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;