#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guest Interview with Leigh Covington :)


As part of my regular schedule, I’m giving a shout out to some wonderful Bloggers. This month, the Irish eyes are smiling with Leigh Covington – but not at her eye candy J


Aloha Leigh,
You are such a genuine, caring person. How did this happen? As a child, did your parents drop you on the ground?
Oh my goodness… remind me not to drink water (or anything else for that matter when talking to you. Water is not pleasant coming out of your nose, but it sure beats Dr. Pepper. Lol.
Okay… and they didn’t drop me. I don’t think. Although it is possible and I just don’t know. I’ve just lived enough to know that life’s a waste of time if you’re not your true self.

I’ve asked your help in several areas (such as blog buttons) and I’m sure others have, too. You always come through in amazing fashion.
How do you balance family, “normal” blog stuff and the extra stuff like blog fests, guest posts, weird requests, etc.?
Aww. Honestly, I think I told you I’d help if you ever needed it and you took me up on it. I like to help people. And I know you do too. In fact, I think you’re one of the most caring people I know. (Look at you, Cass & Morg sending me flowers when I lost my BFF.) Honestly, it just feels good to help. It takes my mind off my own troubles, and I usually get to make a new friend! As for juggling… this is a bad week to ask. I feel like I’ve done an awful job at everything because I’ve overbooked myself. I have no real answer except that I make it work. I spend time with my kids and give them the attention that they need, I blog in between house work during the day, and I write at night when everyone’s asleep.

Have you been published? And if not, what’s the passion and driving force that keeps you heading toward future success?
I think my only claim to fame would be my two short stories published in Rachel Harrie’s Campaign Challenges (published for charity.) It's fun to think of my name out there although those are published under my real name “Abby Fowers.” The big driving force behind my writing is I want my kids to see what I've done. I want them to know I had to work hard – but I did it. Then they will know they can do whatever they set their minds to. I wish I had this dream earlier in life, but I never thought it possible. I want my kids to know that anything is possible. :)

Looking at your home page, it would appear to my deducing eyes that you live on a farm-like dwelling.
What’s life like outside the city, and what did come first – the processed chicken breast or the Egg McMuffin?
Hehehe. I think it was the Egg McMuffin. At least it should be. Although I prefer the sausage biscuit with egg! YUM! And I don’t actually live on the farm. We are exactly 7.34 minutes away. Hehe. My in-laws live on the farm, my husband spends all his time there and we’re there quite often. Sooner or later I’ll be on the farm, too. It’s fun. The kids love to do farm work, and my girls are animal lovers, like me. Although my husband thinks of me as a “city girl” I only grew up about five minutes away from him.

I heard you have a new computer? Any tips to avoid ‘puter meltdown, and did you, in fact, release the tech repair guy without injury?
Dude! Do NOT bring up the tech repair! I may have my own meltdown! Grrr!
*deep breath* Let’s just say… always have an anti-virus and always make sure it clears all programs. I usually zoom through things so fast that I don’t pay enough attention. Now I do. I had a new guy repair that computer, but it doesn’t seem the same. Maybe because I’m in love with the new one! I don’t know. It’s so pretty!!! But after lots of persuasion, I convinced the hubs to break for a new one before I went insane. I cannot go without a computer. It’s torture. Don’t know how I survived before.

How would hubby describe you in twelve words (no adverbsJ)
No adverbs! Hmmm. I don’t think I can do that!
Slightly scary, has to be the boss, too independent, fun & perfect! (bahahaha!)

You, Cassie, Morgan, David and 97.63 percent of the Blogishere appear to live in Utah. Apart from your favorite restaurant, The Cheese Cake Factory, where would you bring a writer to “get” a little taste of Utah?
Oh man, you only dare mention the evil CCF because you’re not here in person, right? I’ll let it slide this once! ;) Okay, you must visit the Salt Lake LDS temple and walk around Temple Square. It’s beautiful, and everyone needs a taste of us “Mormons.” Also, we’d go to Park City and hit some awesome place to eat, and then go on the Alpine Slides. A 4-wheeling trip in the Rocky Mountains would be awesome, then we’d head to southern Utah to visit Zion National Park and Moab. Utah is absolutely beautiful with such a diverse climate and landscape. People are always surprised how much they like it and how pretty it is.

When writing – music or quiet?
Quiet. No contest.

When “Momming” – quiet time or quarrel-making activities?
I wish for quiet, but that’s only wishful thinking. My kids are as loud and crazy as I am. We’ve got to be active and busy or it gets scary. J

I think we all know (or were…) that one scared, about-to-quit writer – the one who’s always been told their writing is poop and a waste of time…

Finally, if you had one or two sentences (go ahead and splurge) to share with him or her, what would you say?
First, I would spout all of the wonderful qualities I know about them and their writing. That way they can recognize their strengths and their talent. Then I’d go off on how quitting will get them nowhere – and that’s the only way to ensure they never get published. We should all have a dream and if we persevere we will eventually meet it. We need to be the hero of our own stories and make it happen!

Mark… May I just say… it has been a pleasure! You have been an amazing blogging friend, always making me laugh and you have such a sweet heart! This has been a fun interview. Thanks so much for having me over!
No worries, Leigh, it was my pleasure!

You can find more about Leigh Covington, super-supporter of all bloggers – and future ambassador for Utah – here.
                                                              ###

21 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

That was a fun interview! I'm a big Leigh fan, and it was cool to learn more about her! :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

In true Mark and Leigh fashion, that was fun! Although it's really Abby? I'll never keep everyone's names straight!
Leigh is one of the most giving people out there.

Leigh Covington said...

LOL! Oh man. It's so funny to read back through this. Love it Mark! And thanks again for the opportunity to share! I missed linking to this at first, but it's fixed now! Whoot-whoot! I'm still having conference hangover! LOL!

Cassie Mae said...

Two of my favorite peeps!!!! There is so much awesomeness in this interview, I think I'm going to bookmark the page. :)

And Leibby had to give me the 'don't quit' smackdown just like, yesterday, haha! And she means it! Thanks girl ;)

Mark, you come up with the best questions. You should be a professional interviewer. :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I know Leigh. Dude if I ever come to Hawaii, I'm lookin' you up.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow. You brought up both computer repair techs AND Cheesecake Factory? Brave, brave man. ;)

Great interview, you two!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Leigh, coffee isn't fun through the nose either, just sayin'

I will say, Salt Lake City is quite an eye opener. The temple is impressive and all the mountains in the background, and white salt flats. There are some river canyons I loved.

Giving up isn't an option. Retreat, revise, regroup, and even modifying is fine. Always move forward.

Mark loved the interview. Thank you Leigh and Mark for the grins and laughter here!
Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Great interview...but Leigh, you had an adverb in your description of self. Just pointing out...

Nancy Thompson said...

You're a great interviewer, Mark, and Leigh is an awesome subject. Very entertaining!

M Pax said...

What a delightful interview. You sound extremely busy, Leigh. I hate when computers go phooey.

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Lovely interview! Mark's right, Leigh, you're one of the nicest people! It was fun to read more about you!

Kelley Lynn said...

What a great interview! I love that you write to prove to your kids that though its hard, you can do it. You can do anything.

And you will my dear! That story is amazing!!! :)

Thanks for the interview Mark!

Green Monkey said...

enjoyed the interview, always enjoy YOU... Checking Leigh out now!

Nicole said...

Great interview, you guys! Loved the last question and Leigh's answer. :)

David P. King said...

You're just getting interviewed all over the place, Leigh! Awesome. Great interview, Mark. Seriously. These are among the funniest interviews in the blogosphere. Keep'em coming! :)

Carrie Butler said...

I love "Leigh"! Her blog is one of my favorite stops around the blogosphere. :)

Hah! Nice percentage, Mark. (In fact, it's not too far off from my guess.) Great minds... ;)

cleemckenzie said...

I can relate to the computer "psftssss." So sorry. Thanks for the interview. Great to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Oh you know, Leigh is pretty cool... I guess. :)

She totally rocks!

Hi Mark!

Crack You Whip said...

Super interview! Enjoyed reading

Empty Nest Insider said...

It was fun getting to know Leigh/Abby better! Very spirited interview! Julie

Anonymous said...

Welcome [url=http://www.redsoleshoesmart.com/]Red Bottom Shoes[/url] {here|click here|click|website} [url=http://www.redsoleshoesmart.com/]red sole shoes[/url] Wedding Flower shoes [url=http://www.uslouboutinoutlet.com/]Red Bottom Shoes[/url] handbag online

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;