#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, December 12, 2011

A Growing Christmas

Dedicated to my wife, Gen, this is my entry to the Wrap It Up Blogfest. For details, see the button here>>> 

Aloha Sweethie,
Four score and seven years ago, we married amid love, life and laughter.
Actually, it was only seven years ago, but that “four score” thing has a nice ring...
Wait Until Double Rainbow Guy Sees This :)
We’ve celebrated Christmas in California, Florida, Texas, Rhode Island and now in Hawaii.
Ending Florida, we wondered if we’d ever have kids. But that December, April prayed, God blessed and No. 1 Son arrived at the beginning of Texas.
For several years, Christmas trees excitedly bought in December were sadly bagged in January, but how we celebrated every milestone of our little miracle.
Our blessings continued with the news you were expecting.
Again!
My first words….You’re pregnant? Oh my gosh? Really? WHaggghhhh…
I’d been cutting onions, you see.
“No. 1 Son” was for your mom and dad, but Baby?
A name! We need a name! My kingdom for a name!
Would dilemma follow delivery?
Ahh, Christmas with family and friends…
Names flew everywhere. Swept under rugs; squished over sinks, until “No. 2 Son” rose on breaking waves of “Ohhh, that’s a good one. I like that.”
Back home to Texas – where he was born.
Sweethie, do you remember, later…
No. 1 Son walking – not talking
Moving to Rhode Island
No. 2 Son walking – No. 1 Son talking
My new executive position: Stay-at-home Dad!
Christmas comes and goes. It’s spring again. You eat several jars of spicy cabbage, don’t like meat of any kind, and are a little
Oh…
picky.
Oh oh.
Joking, I buy a 99 cent pregnancy test, but it’s you who comes out of the bathroom laughing.
Oh. My.
Christmas 2011 is here. You rest. We wait.
"There's Another One Coming"
Tobey waits for “Baby Brother.” No. 2 Son waits for Frosty Returns.
And, No. 3 Son? Will he be a Christmas baby, or one for the New Year?
Who knows? We pray for ten fingers and ten toes.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story about your family. I'm happy that you and your wife are doing so well. That two kids have helped you grow closer together.

I don't have three yet, but I know that you will enjoy your third so much. Kids just grow too darn fast. Good luck and best wishes with your new one.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I've read your 'about me' comments but the 'soon-to-be' didn't really sink in. What an idiot I am. This is brilliant, and, uh, really really belated congratulations :-)

Jennie Bennett said...

That is so sweet! I love the names you guys picked and your kids are darling! Great, great story. So glad you joined the hop!

Morgan said...

Sooooo precious ;) Love this.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was really cute!

Kelley Lynn said...

This is so super sweet! What cute kids!

Leigh Covington said...

Mark, this is fabulous! So touching and wonderful! What darling little miracles you guys have created. Can't wait to hear about the newest member when he arrives. :) Thanks for participating.

Lillie McFerrin said...

This is adorble! I really liked the flow of the entire piece. Awesome!!!

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha,

To "old" and new friends who commented above, I say Mahalo:)

Perhaps like one or two of you, I cringe a little and find it hard to accept praise or "attaboys."

Please know, however, your words crack holes and rip apart the darkness surrounding my self-confidence.

Indeed, I have *never* been so excited/happy to write than now.

Cheers:)

Cassie Mae said...

attaboy ;)

But really, congratulations! And this is so awesome. :) I have a Christmas baby and I hope never again! So hard with everything else. So during the months March and April, if he so much as even looks at me...*shakes fist* Lol.

Mark Koopmans said...

@ Cassie,

You are hilarious!

I never imagined Christmas babies to be harder "work" but we'll see what happens!!

I shall also keep your comments in mind as winter turns to spring (wife nods head:)

ali cross said...

THIS I loved. Congratulations and happy delivery!

Jenny S. Morris said...

This is so great. I love it. And congrats. Boys are awesome!

Trisha said...

Ohhh, congratulations on your happiness. You are blessed indeed! Nice post :)

Mark Koopmans said...

@ Ali; Jenny & Trisha:

Thanks so much for the good wishes.... things are starting to get a wee bit hectic, so good wishes are great :)

Angela Cothran said...

This is so lovely :) Your boys are beautiful. I bet your wife will love this!

Carrie said...

Love your blog's humor! I also loved this post. I will be following!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

A lovely story and wishing for healthy mom and baby with you.

Mark Koopmans said...

@ Angela, Carrie & Stacy: Mahalo for the kind words and wishes. I appreciate them and they mean a lot - thanks :)

David P. King said...

A cool and poetic entry, sir. Thank you for participating! :)

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;