#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, January 13, 2020

Hiatus

Hey,

It's a new dawn, a new day, still a new decade even and I need to reorganize my head and my way of thinking.

On Saturday, I had a nice relaxing day off and promised myself I would write, like I said I would on New Year's Day, and every day after that, but instead of doing something I love, I spent 2 hours ironing, and of course, when that excuse was done, it was "too late" to write.

Like many people, my demons take me off course and push to do just about anything but the one thing that I love to do, which is find the zone and sit there typing until my arse goes numb.

So, to the several non-family members that read this blog on a regular basis, I apologize for shuttering my blog and all social media for the time being. The cause is, however, just and I need to do whatever I can to fight for my writes.

(2 hours of ironing, for God's sake... Why is it so damn hard for me to give in and allow myself to be happy?)

That's the answer I hope to find out, and when I do, I'll be back -- and the blog will be, too.

In the meantime, I look forward to popping over to Elephant's Child and Words for Wednesday for the rest of January, and again in March to read where my prompts take people.


Best wishes, and see you on the other side of Write Mountain.


Mark

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you clamber the Write Mountain, proudly plant your flag and glissade down the other side.
We will keep the light on for you. And a beverage of two ready.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just don't let the demons win.

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

A new dawn a new day a new decade.
Too much to comprehend.

Jo said...

What on earth did you iron for 2 hours. I haven't used my iron in years. Don't forget, Edmond Hilary had Sherpas to help him climb that mountain, nobody can do it on their own.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Good luck Mark - I hope life can settle for you ... and the writerly pixies will come out and play happily with you. Life can be a challenge and often needs time to become calmer - all the very best - cheers Hilary

PS - glad you'll be around for EC's words ...

Lisa said...

Take the time you need. We will miss you and the photos, but want you back healthy and just crazy enough to be happy.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

2 hours? Dude...that's just thinking time! I plot best when I am doing boring stuff.

We'll miss you while you're gone. Don't wait too long. I'd hate to have to hunt you down.

Melissa said...

BICHOK. I'm struggling with it, too.

River said...

I haven't ironed a single thing in years. if it isn't wash and wear I don't buy it. I live in t-shirts and crumpled pants.

David Powers King said...

No harm in you doing you, my friend. We'll be here for your return. :)

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;