#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Got Green? Blog O'Hop

Hangs proudly on our wall :)
Aloha,


I wanted to announce the Linky Link for the Got Green? Blog O'Hop is now open - for a special, limited, preview time only (he gasped, breathlessly on the dark and stormy night...)


OK, I sound like a Sears or Kohls commercial, but if you must know the truth, I am soo *not* a techie that I was terrified that Linky wouldn't work on the scheduled first day (March 12.)


It wasn't Linky I was worried about - it was me.... I have the uncanny ability to burn water, crack diamonds and trip over sky hooks.


The link will remain open until March 16, and everyone is invited to O'Hop around on St. Patrick's Day (March 17) and share some great "Oirish" memories, or just tell a tall tale (under 333 words:)


Some examples below (but feel free to write whatever you like, as long as its O'PG :)

What does St. Paddy's Day mean to you!

I'd LOVE to hear your Irish stories.

What are your traditions on Paddy's Day?

What do you cook?

What are your favorite memories, or future plans to visit the Emerald Isle?

Flash Fiction is more than welcome... I mean, seriously, we're only here for a pint and a laugh.

(DISCLAIMER: This Blog O'Hop will not solve the world's problems, only lighten the load of those living in it.)

Word Count total is 333 (say it in an "Oirish" accent, it makes more sense :)

Thanks to all those who have already helped promote the O'Hop, and I'd much appreciate anyone else who wants to join in the fun.

Please feel free to grab the button here, or above the link. (Many thanks to the  fahbuhlouss Leigh Covington for her designing skills :)



(So far) prizes  include a:

Regular Size Box of Lucky Charms

Family Size Box of Lucky Charms (gasp!)

One query critique

One three chapter edit

Grand prize consisting of a $25 AMAZON Gift Card :) (*Was $30... Couldn't find a $30 card!!)


I'll be O'hopping around on the 17th - and hope you can join me in doing the same :)


(If you don't normally post on Saturdays, but want to add in your three cents, why not consider scheduling a post. Shure, ye can't win it, if you're not in it :)

Winners will be notified by March 24.

Slainte (to be shure, to be shure.

26 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Ok, you got me. I'm in. I'm sure to come up with something.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh an Irish blog hop. How interesting.

Cassie Mae said...

I so want to do this! But that's my anniversary. Hmm... maybe I'll schedule mine, and hop around later :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lucky Charms! That's funny. Bummer, I usually don't blog on Saturdays (not counting the A to Z Challenge) and I have a really special guest on the Friday prior whom I want featured all weekend.
Guess no one will be after me Lucky Charms then.

Leigh Covington said...

I did it! I did it! I'm all signed up! And I'm glad I could help with the button. I am already plotting my Oirish post! Can't wait! :)

Clarbojahn said...

Found you from Leigh's twitter feed and retweeted this post. I've got too much on my plate right now to join in the hop but will keep my eye on the ball as the O'rich say. lol.

Have a blast!
Clarbojahn

Morgan said...

I have no bloomin' clue what I'm going to do, but of course I'm in! (I've got the red hair to prove it)

David P. King said...

Pinch me! I'm participate'n! :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I'm there! Lucky number four!

M.J. Fifield said...

They make family size boxes of Lucky Charms? I must investigate this.

Megan Dolan said...

Hi. First time on your blog- and I'm signing up for the hop. I was in Ireland in August and it's still fresh in my mind.

Julie Flanders said...

What a fun idea for a Hop! I love March & St. Patty's Day. I've got to see if I can come up with something. Half of my family is Irish so I'll be shunned if I can't. ;)

M Pax said...

I celebrated St. pats in February because... nevermind. I'll save the story for the 17th.

Trisha said...

I don't really have an Irish story, except I'm visiting there this year :)

Sarah B said...

Hey, I'm in. And as my clan motto says "Death Before Compromise". :)

Melissa Sugar said...

Count me in. I am always game when a critique is offered as one of the prizes. It sounds like fun. I am not Irish,but I have certainly celebrated enough on St. Patrick's day.

Have a good weekend. I am hopping around looking for entries to read for my "Get Fired Up" blogfest. I hope to announce a winner on Monday. You signed up. Good luck.

Jay Paoloni said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Mark!
I like your blog!
I'm a follower too now and I'll be visiting very often!!
Jay
jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com

Cassie Mae said...

Sup... again. :) Just wanted to let you know you got a couple awards over at my place. You know where to find me.

Anonymous said...

Yo, I'll be there!

Suze said...

I don't have a St. Pat's story, but I do have one about something green.

I'm in. Thanks for hosting. :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... Sounds like fun.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I couldn't find the linky but as you can see from today's post, I am in! Roland

Tracy MacDonald said...

I'm totally in. Post is written and scheduled (gotta check the date on that and maybe even throw in a quick edit/review). Can't wait to read the other entries.
A2ZMommy and What’s In Between

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm all signed up...got to get me those Lucky Charms!

Unknown said...

So Gotta ask is it okay if my story has two parts? I promise to only enter one part.

Shiela Calderón Blankemeier said...

Sorry I found this late, but I wanted to say Hola from Az. We have a large Irish-Mexican community here and am proud to be a part of it. Glad to have found your blog!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;