#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, November 8, 2013

Oh, How I Miss You... Bloghop

Aloha,


Sadly, I was informed that the 17-verse sonnet I wrote for my beloved and departed hair is not exactly what Andrew Leon, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and Matthew MacNish had in mind as they host the second annual “Oh, How I Miss You” blog hop.
It is, of course, about the bloggers we miss…and the ones we would really miss!

Here’s the premise: Do you have a couple blogger buddies who aren’t posting as often? Those who’ve pulled back and seem absent from the blogging world? Do you have blogger buddies you are grateful they are still around and would miss if they vanished?

Our blogger friends are special – time to let them know!

 
The three people I miss are the same from last year (I still miss them...):



 

Daina Rustin over at Mystic Treehouse (Daina was the one of the first Bloggers to follow me who was NOT a friend or family member – and I will always appreciate her “followship” :)


 
 
 
Saran Pearson over at Empty White Pages (Sarah and I shared many a funny comment “back in the early days” and I miss her humor and insight.)



 
 
Rachael Harrie over at Rach Writes… (Rach is still around, but has taken an extended break from her Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign.)



Three Bloggers I would miss are:







Melissa Maygrove: is just a super person who I can always rely on to offer honest and straightforward advice - plus she is, in my humble opinion, the Grammar Goddess of the whole, entire Blogisfear :)








Father Dragon: (Also known as Al Diaz:) Father Dragon has been a force of goodness and inspiration over the past year. I know Al said he was thinking of taking a blogging step backward - because of some other opportunities - but I hope we don't lose you altogether, my brother from another madre :)







Morgan Shamy: Morgan is another friend I would hate to lose. She has taken some time off for now, but I can't wait for her to come back with more of her awesome sauce positivity. My day is always better when I'm fresh, posted and Morganized :)






                                                Who do you miss?




28 comments:

Kirsten said...

You mentioned some great blogs that I've been pleased to meet as well.
And just so you know, you narrowly missed being mentioned on my blog for this yourself!
Keep posting! I would miss my dose of sunshine and positivity out of Hawaii. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I miss Sarah as well. And Morg the Borg.
You're right that Father Dragon will be on many lists today.
Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am a fan of Morgan's blog as well. I sometimes will look back at old posts of mine and notice that the commenters back then are rarely blogging these days. Seems as though very few of us stick to blogging long-term :)

Melissa said...

I'm grabbing a tissue right now, Mark. I'm both touched and humbled to be on your list.

I miss Sarah, too. I wish she'd send up a flare once in a while to let us know she's okay.

Elise Fallson said...

I would also miss Melissa, Morg and the Dragon. They are awesome bloggers and I'd miss them too. And I hope the bloggers you miss will come back to the blogosphere soon. (:

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

There are so many bloggers I would miss like Melissa Janda, Katherine Anthony,Sherry Ellis, and I would definitely miss you, Mark. D I hope some of the people that you miss will come back after their blogging vacation.
Happy weekend, everyone.

David P. King said...

Even though you're not officially on my list, I would miss the death out of you, Mark! Totally with you on Melissa and Rachel, too. They are greatly missed. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

You mentioned some great, inspiring bloggers. I hope they stick around or come back. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

You have mentioned some great blogs Mark. I would miss all of you.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a limerick, Mark, and I only listed three. Too many bloggers...and you know we miss them all! Thanks so much for promoting the Holiday Food Drive Blogfest! That's so awesome to see it big and bold in your margin like that! Kudos to you, my friend. Kudos to you!

Al Diaz said...

Once again successful in making me smile, brother from another madre, hahaha. That's funny and kind of poetic too. Thanks for thinking on me and for holding me in such high esteem. Don't worry bro, I won't fade totally. We still be seeing each other just because life wouldn't be as much fun without the smiles. Dragon Hugs!

Unknown said...

I miss Rach's Platform Building Campaign! That was so much fun! And I would definitely miss Morgan, Melissa, and Al!

Of course, I'd miss you, Mark, if you ever went away!

Matthew MacNish said...

I know all these people. Great choices, Mark!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I just kind of discover Al so I hope he doesn't go away. Maybe you could share that sonnet another time.

Dani said...

Some great bloggers here! I would miss The Dragon and Morgan to extremely. You better never go anyways either my friend!

Sherry Ellis said...

I miss Empty White Pages, too!

Rhonda Albom said...

Father Dragon seems to be coming up on both lists today.

Elephant's Child said...

I have lost two bloggers to death. I never met either of them, but they enriched my world and I miss them. Their humour, their wisdom, their generosity.
Bloggers having a break? It feels selfish to miss people who are living their lives, so I just welcome them when they return (and keep my fingers crossed).

Morgan said...

Ohhhhhh... thanks for the highlight, Mark! You are at the very top of my list of favorite friend/bloggers. :)

Yes---as soon as I'm right again I'll be back. Hopefully that will be sooner than later. 11 more days and hopefully I'll have more info!

*hugs this blog*

klahanie said...

Aha Mazza!

The, "Oh, How I Wish Blogfests Would End" blogfest....

Okay, sorry, man hug?

Your three friends you miss. I do understand how we wish for the good old days and the hopeful return of blogging friends.

I can certainly understand your choices on who you would miss.

I was involved in what was called a blogging library that went by the name "Mindbloggling." Only two of us out of about 40 are still blogging.

Have a enjoyable weekend, Mark.

Gary :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark .. yes I'd miss many bloggers too - always glad to meet new ones I find I can relate too .. but just glad when they reappear .. and hope that those that are out of the blogging circle are happily writing away and enjoying life.

Morgan and Father Dragon I'd miss too .. glad to read Morg is coming back anon .. it's good to have a break.

Cheers to you .. and I hope the weaver returns sometime!!!! Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark .. couldn't believe I just heard this Elvis snippet .. talk about coincidence .. bald-headed man ...

I'm laughing happily now - and probably will during the rest of the day ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNjIa0F15bo

There's another which is clearer, but it's stills ...

Cheers and happy giggling!! Hilary

Andrew Leon said...

Hey, you have people I know on your list!

Andrew Leon said...

Oh, and I think I saw your hair swimming for the mainland.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Sarah Pearson was one of the first people who followed my blog - I miss her too. I didn't take part in this blogfest because my memory is so shocking I can't remember who I miss :-(

Kat Sheridan said...

I don't blog myself, but I have a regular round of blogs I visit, including several new ones this year (I do love making new friendds!). I'm really enjoying getting to know this blog (and my hubs would probably appreciate your sonnet to your missing hair!) One of my fave blogs is Sia McKye's. I'd miss her if she stopped.

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now.

Cardsharing Server

Unknown said...

Hey Mark,

I didn't know the people who have left, but the other three...yeah, I'd sure miss them if they were to pack up and leave! All three of them are some of my fave people. Gotta work on Al...he's teetering.

Loved the line about missing your hair. Got a good chuckle from it!

M.L. Swift, Writer

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;