#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, September 27, 2013

"Have You Got a Dream?" (... Monthly Bloghop Update)


Aloha,

I’m again participating in the Do You Have a Goal? bloghop hosted by Misha Gericke and Beth Fred.
Their fun and nifty idea has members of the Linky updating our stated Goal on the last Friday of the month.
Just follow these guidelines, and Bob’s your uncle.
·         Beth and Misha are the official co-hosts of the Linky List.
·         When you enter your blog’s address into the Linky, write your goal as the link title. For example, Misha’s link title is “earn $7500 per month.” Not your name or your blog. (So we can keep track of who’s doing what.) Plus, it serves as an easy indication of the fact that you’re not the only crazy one!
·         If you do enter, please be supportive of us other Dreamers!
·         Update Day is, as mentioned, on the last Friday of every month. Even if you don’t think you achieved much – or anything – please write a quick post to say so. We can’t encourage if we don’t know.
·         Please, please, please spread the word! A lot of people need encouragement, and making a decision and figuring out how to get there is half the battle...  

 For me, this month has been interesting to say the least – especially the last few days – but to bring you up to date:

My current goal is to finish a 75,000 word first draft by Halloween. I started seven weeks ago, and have 18,000 words in the bank, or five thousand more than last month.

·         One night, I even impressed myself with my writing speed and prowess when I wrote TWENTY pages… only to later discover each page was filled with the letter “L.”

(I’d fallen asleep in front of the keyboard, with my finger comfortably resting, apparently, on the twelfth letter of the alphabet…)

·         In other news… wanting to change “just one thing” on my blog resulted in a recent and complete two-time overhaul of my blog. (Why, sure, I have six extra hours over two days to spare…J)

·         WIP#1 remains in the hands of the editor, and we’re expecting great things to happen there over the next few days!

“Reporting live from the kitchen table, this is Mark Madmann, and now it’s back to you, Alex, in the Clones ‘R’ Us studio.”

You can join in this monthly Blog Hop here.


28 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you knock that goal out of the park Mark :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you knock that goal out of the park Mark :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks, Mark! And in other news...
I'd be happy with twenty pages of LLLLs.
The blog overhaul looks great! Want to come do the IWSG one now?

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow you must have been so tired! I think you can get that goal done if you keep plugging away. Best of luck!

Melissa said...

Poor youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :P

I like your new blog. The colors are nice and the font (both size and color contrast) is much easier on my eyes. Thank you! :D

Shah Wharton said...

I work with my lap top on my lap, so if I fall asleep my hands drop to my sides. The worse thing that happens is a hot lap! :) Sounds like you're on course to achieve your goal. Best of luck.

Shah, X
http://wp.me/p2rnfx-2rZ

M.J. Fifield said...

Maybe you could work the 20 pages of L into the story somehow.

Best of luck with your goals!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Good luck with your goals, Mark.

Al Diaz said...

Hahahaha, you made me laugh so much with your twenty pages. It happened to me too. Here the cheering squad: "Go Mark! You'll get your 75000 words on time! M-A-R-K, Mark! Mark! Mark!"
(Not the best in coming up with cheers but the support is what counts.)

Elephant's Child said...

Love it. And your dreams.

Unknown said...

You are an amazing and prolific writer, even if it's all Ls! :)

Oh yeah and blog overhauls, HUGE time-suckers.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Poor thing but you're still moving forward so good for you.

Morgan said...

Sooooooo proud of you, Mark!!!! Time for me to catch up!!!!!!!

Sanderella said...

Enjoyed your post very much! Here from the Do You Have Goals blog hop, posted my first today...not much to tell, but I am surely learning from the blogs I have visited. Fun blog! Sandy of sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

Nissa Annakindt said...

Thanks for sharing about the blog hop, I joined it. My posted goal was to write 10 more poems in my Sons of Jacob series--- the first time I've ever done a series of poems in the 20-some years I've been writing poetry. I'm kind of stretching myself which is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

My immediate dream Mark is that Blogger and Chrome stops playing me up. couldn't get on all day yesterday.

Happy week-end.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am part of the writing goals linky ring. My goal is to get a novel published. Problem is: I have to finish one first! Good to see you are progressing with your word count :)

The Words Crafter said...

Good luck on the first draft! You're almost half way!!!

'Just one thing' should come with alarm bells. Whether it's thought, typed, spoken, or whatever. 'Just one thing' cost me $60 at the grocery store yesterday! Those are 3 very dangerous, sneaky, alluring words...

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the word count and wishing you luck with the next month ahead. Goals keep us focused and the support of others helps immensely. You can do it! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark .. well done that you're LLLLing your way through .. you can't stop that is for sure ..

Well done on rearranging the blog - looks good too ..

Cheers and happy writing .. Hilary

dolorah said...

Ha, at least your sleepy finger was productive :)

......dhole

Suzi said...

Just 'change one thing' is a dangerous phrase. Very rarely is it just one thing. :)

Good luck on your big goal. You can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep plugging away, Mark! I've yet to fall asleep at my keyboard...but I can imagine.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Amazing what one can do in their 'spare' time. (Maniacal laughter over that one). And Bob IS my Uncle, how did you know? No really--great uncle, actually. Don't have any other kind of uncles--dad was and only and mom too. :-)

Fingers crossed on editing the memoir and subsequent publishing.

How's that wounded youg'un doing?

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Trisha said...

Love that you wrote 20 pages of L. That's awesome. At least you got something done! ha.

Good luck with your progress in October! :D

Ella said...

You can do it! Thank you for encouraging me~ I am cheering you on :D
That is a lot of L's-big grins for the effort, while sleeping-impressive.
I once feel asleep and woke up with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream in my hair. Yeah-it wasn't pretty and an odd way to wake. Can you imagine cold melting ice cream running down the side of your head- Did you have some of the keyboard imprinted on your forehead or cheeks? ;D

Yolanda Renée said...

You'll get there - by that I mean 18,000 is nothing to laugh at and another 18,000 - no problem at all. Especially if you choose the letter M this time!

LOL

Keep at it!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I love the new blog look! Very smart.
I should join, but I'd probably fail. Unless I made the goal to brush my teeth daily...

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;