#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Double whammy of Wow!

Like many, I'm struggling to write at the moment, but that, too, shall pass.

In the meantime, I'm grabbing, nay, snatching, all creative blessings when they happen.

Tuesday, a couple of things happened that give me hope.

Hope for the future.



I walked to the patio to see could we eat outdoors... and the first thing I noticed was this double rainbow.

I won't impersonate the famous Double Rainbow Guy (hilarious, if you've never watched it) but this is the first rainbow we've seen in three months of VA life, (so for it to be a double was that much more special.)

As we finished dinner on the patio, I was lucky enough to see two large dogs pass close to our fence... and then I realized (yes, I earned the dumbass award) that it was two DEER.

Double Deer were spotted on the left...

Now, we do *not* live in the country, but there is a small easement between us and the local Fire Department (yeah, I still check my smoke alarms... even if the guys can simply run through the brush to get to us :)

My gift is writing - I know that - and yet, I'm struggling at something I understand and love...

Then I see a double rainbow and a double of deer... all within thirty minutes... It's left me a little gob-smacked.

Sounds like a message to me.

Must go write now.

Have you ever received a message that had you looking skyward, going all De Niro a la Analyse This with his "You. You... you're good, you" quote?



16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Double rainbow? Too many rainbows are barely enough. And deer are something I never see.
Definitely a double whammy sign. Go write. And then write some more.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What does it mean???
Two doubles means you need to write two books. Get with it, man!

Jo said...

Not sure about two books, but certainly means you should get with the plan and write, write, write. They recently saw a complete circle rainbow at Niagara Falls. Another inspiration.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I don't often see double rainbows and NEVER see single deer let alone double ones. But we once did drive through a rainbow. That was a magical moment, I can tell you - especially as it shouldn't technically be possible!

Good luck with the writing - hope it all starts to come together.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Beautiful pictures. :) I've only seen a double rainbow once. Deer we get a lot of here, but they're always fun to see!

M.J. Fifield said...

I haven't seen a rainbow since I arrived in my new state. Haven't seen any deer, either. Turkeys, rabbits, and armadillos, yes.

SpacerGuy said...

Strike while the rainbow is bright and get that book right!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

We see a lot of rainbows at our place and lots of deer too. We'll have fawns in the backyard soon. The peace does inspire me to write.
Susan Says

CWMartin said...

We had a double rainbow the other day. Of course, we didn't just move here.

Yolanda Renée said...

Double rainbows, and deer too! Lucky you! When I need a writing push I change direction - found two lovely flash fiction sites to inspire me, and so far so good. Don't dwell, give it to the gods, walk away, and wa-la it will happen. I promise. :)

Al Diaz said...

And you you still makes me smile. Two large dogs....hahahahahaha. You you need some glasses, my friend. :) I'm glad you are writing, or at least giving it a try. Dragon Hugs!

S.P. Bowers said...

We had a very nice double rainbow here last week. My kids were very upset that we didn't take them to the end so they could get the pot of gold.

Melissa said...

What a cool back yard! Love that deck!
Hey- party at Mark's. :P

Seriously, the pics are neat.
Glad they brightened your week. :)

dolorah said...

I saw a double rainbow a couple weeks ago; and then it downpoured. But, we needed the rain, and it made being outside much cooler. I love watching deer walk across my ex's property. They stare in the window at him sometimes and it freaks him out :)

klahanie said...

Hey Mazza,

You are seeing double and double the inspiration. Double doh!, in my case :)

Hey, are you from "Dublin"? Get it, Doubling, aka Dublin aka, I'm outta here! :)

Gary

Arlee Bird said...

Well, it could be a providential message or it could be a unique advertising ploy for Doublemint Gum.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Road trippin' with A to Z
Tossing It Out

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;