#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Y" is for "You," the reader...

My theme revolves around the soon-to-be published memoir, REVIVAL, which I wrote for former professional opera singer, Donald Braswell.

Today, however, is all about YOU...


 

"Y" is for "You, the reader"

###
 

Before I wrap up the sharing of Donald’s story tomorrow, I wanted to take a moment to say thanks.

Thanks to YOU.

You know those nerves you get when you share something with the world? Well, that’s how I felt when I started the A-Z Challenge. But then I started getting positive comments and some readers returned for a second day/comment.

I said it earlier in the month, but it was a blast writing Donald’s memoir and now, with all the positive comments, I feel truly humbled.

I never went to the writing skool or wrote a book before, but YOU have made me excited first about REVIVAL and now about my current work-in-progress.

So….

Thanks for sticking with me for this crazy month that was the Challenge.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post and then write a comment.

Simply put, thank YOU.

###

Tomorrow, we return you to your regularly scheduled Z post :)


 

19 comments:

Courtney said...

Mark, I'm glad to see you made it to Y. Of course, being in Hawaii, I am still on X! It is definitely a crazy month during the challenge and congrats on getting this far. Getting positive comments is always like taking an energy pill, without the side effects!
Maui Jungalow

klahanie said...

Hey human, Mazza!

Y, thank you! Arf! and here's to this idiotic challenge finishing forever!

Sorry I, or my alleged human, Gary, have not been around visiting your must-read site. My alleged human has been rather poorly.

Have fun and here's to the letter Z!

Penny :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Congratulations on completing the book and the Challenge!

J.L. Campbell - The Character Depot | A-Z Challenge Co-Host

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome! And thanks for your comments on mine. They always made me smile!

Jo said...

I personally thoroughly enjoyed these excerpts from your memoir and couldn't wait for the rest I have enjoyed the journey with the two of you. I will look forward to reading the book when it finally comes out. As for the favourable comments, yer welcum.

Elephant's Child said...

WANT the book. Will have it too.

Zannie Rose said...

serendipity brought me here via A-Z- will be reading A-X now..how wonderful to be asked to write a memoir

zannierose

Melissa said...

I'm impressed! And you know how picky of a reader I am... ;)

Wendy said...

This is my 4th year with A to Z, and I'm always energized by the visits and nice comments from people who would not have sought me out otherwise.
~Visiting from AtoZ

quietspirit said...

Mark: I beleive you have a great book here tkept me coming back for more. You're welcome.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Doesn't matter if you went to school for it. You wrote Donald's story from the heart and that's what made it special. Thanks to you for sharing bits of it with us.

Tamara Narayan said...

This is your first book? Dang, yer doin' jest fine, ser.

Tamara Narayan said...

This is your first book? Dang, yer doin' jest fine, ser.

Annalisa Crawford said...

And YOU are doing a great job with telling Donald's story :-)

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've enjoyed reading snippets of your book. Can't wait to read the entire thing.

~Sia McKye~ said...

I've enjoyed reading your snippets. I also know I'll be reading the book. It's a positive and affirming story.

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Lisa said...

Well, I want to thank YOU! I've loved having this preview of the book, and can't wait till November! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Pleasure Mark .. it's a great story to bring to the public's attention and giving us an insight here has been fun ... and such an interesting read - truly inspirational - well done and your next one will be fine too .. cheers Hilary

Deniz Bevan said...

Thanks for sharing bits of the book with us in advance!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;