#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, April 17, 2015

"O" is for "Overwhelmed"

Welcome back to the A-Z Challenge!



 
My theme revolves around the soon-to-be published memoir I wrote for opera singer, Donald Braswell.

"N" is for "Next" Moves

###

...Donald has found a recording studio who can help him produce a CD, but the cost is prohibitive. The studio suggests he reach out to family and friends... He has hundreds of customers at the Jaguar dealership, and they're not cheap cars, but would anyone care enough (about his dreams) to finance an unknown singer?

###

The next day, I look through my client base.  My regulars know my story, and I already feel uncomfortable asking customers to invest in me like this.
Looking over the lot reminds me of Jeannie Pircher, my first customer who bought that custom made Jaguar – and that was a miracle all in itself.

Whenever Jeannie comes in to trade up to another new car, we’ve always enjoyed catching up. I decide she’ll be the first person on a long list that potentially stretches into the hundreds. We chat about her latest car, catch up on each other’s families and then Jeannie asks how things are going with my singing career.
“Well, that’s one of the reasons why I’m calling, Jeannie. I’m planning work with a recording studio to produce an CD.

“Hey, that’s great, and I know something about recording CDs.”

“You do? I honestly never knew that.”
“Where someone records is as important as the talent of the artist themselves and Donald, you have a spectacular voice. The world should hear from you again. I think it’s a shame you’re not already out there for the public to enjoy.”


###
Jeannie then tells Donald something truly amazing that completes the musical miracle (that began just two weeks earlier with Walter's arrival at Don's work...

(And, if you want to know what the Something is…  REVIVAL: The Donald Braswell Story comes out  Nov. 3, 2015)

###


Tomorrow: "P" is for "Partners"



9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

You are a master of the cliff-hanger. Drat you.

Tammy Theriault said...

I must know what the something is!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think I know what that is! Maybe. Possibly. All right, I know what it leads to...

Anonymous said...

Man, what is the something? lol

Lisa said...

I know what she's going to say!!! Well, I'm guessing anyway, but I'm so excited! I can't wait for tomorrow! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

David Powers King said...

I'm on the edge of my chair, man! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - it's funny how things slot into place .. and this seems to be happening here .. cheers Hilary

Jo said...

Are you really not going to tell us?

quietspirit said...

Mark: Cliff- hangers are just fine. I can hardly wait to find out what Jeannie tells Donald.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;