#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Thursday, September 18, 2014

Writing and the Angels...

Aloha,

For those who enjoy baseball, you may already know that while you were sleeping last night, my beloved Angels won the 2014 American League West Division.

It was such an improbable way to clinch!! If you want to check it out, here's a 3-min compilation video .




For those who don't give an owl's calling about America's Pastime,  bear with me.. there is a point... on how the Angels compare to you at home, writing alone :)

The Angels were not supposed to finish well this year (or say, complete an ms)

They had a lot of major setbacks in the middle of the year (kinda like when plot holes, "life," or no time to write happens.)

And yet, the team never quit... they never gave up on each other. (just like the Blog community coming together to read, crit and support all.)

Today, the Angels are in the playoffs, but they still have to win the Division, then the League Championships before they get to the World Series...
..And then they have to win that to be the big dogs...

(Which sounds a little like when an ms is written, you need to find an agent/publisher OR work through the various challenges/needs of self-pubbing.)


My point is...

At the beginning of the journey, so much is hoped for, but must be earned.

In the middle, *something* will happen to try and derail you.

And, in the end, it's how you handle the trials that lead you to the triumphs :)


Happy Writing.. and here's to the Angels and  playoff baseball in October :)






Photos Credit: Angels Media.


11 comments:

Tony Laplume said...

Thanks to Pujols and Trout, I've been following them for a few seasons now. Great to see them succeed in a big way, and here's to going deep into the playoffs!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is a bit how the journey goes.
Congratulations to your Reds. Hard to beat the odds when everyone says you won't be very good.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I saw what you did there. You tied your bragging about your team and made it look like an encouragement post. Well played. My Phillies sucked this year so maybe I route for your Angels.

Elise Fallson said...

I like rooting for the under dog. :)

CWMartin said...

I'm an A's fan... I got nothing right now...

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I saw the Pirates play this summer and it was my first major league game ever.

Sports analogies work so well in life. Say what you want about athletes, they work hard and face challenges every day.

M.J. Fifield said...

Congrats on your team making the playoffs. I, as you know, am a Red Sox fanatic, so I won't be as invested in the playoffs as I was, say, last October. But so long as the Yankees aren't going to the playoffs either, I'm good.

Best of luck to your team come October!

dolorah said...

Testing out my new blog address. This is Donna Hole. Not sure if I've done the new blog correctly. So many things missing . . .

Hey Mark; not a sports fan, but enjoyed your tale just the same :)

Jo said...

I'm one who doesn't give an owl's cry, but the analogy is good. From all I read, that's exactly what writing is like.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your team making it to the playoffs! You go boyyyyyy!!!

Chanzie said...

I don't really follow American sport but I loved the analogy :) Congrats on your team making it!!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;