#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Andrew's Red Balloon & an Everyday-is-Veterans-Day Thank You...

Aloha,

At 11 a.m. Friday (GMT) the family of Andrew McNaughton has asked anyone who is so led to release a red balloon to honor the life and the legacy of this amazing young man who passed away Saturday.


 


If you cannot physically release a balloon, Carrie Butler has kindly designed a virtual balloon that can be flown on your blog.









With the sad news that Andrew had passed away, I postponed my traditional Veterans Day post.

I do specifically want to take a moment to thank my wife, my sister-in-law, my father-in-law and numerous other family members for their service in the U.S. Navy.


My father-in-law, sister-in-law, Better Half, mother-in-law & Sons #2 & 3 :)


I would also like to thank our many friends who (have) serve(d) in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines and U.S. Coast Guard.

You may not hear it every day, but please know you are so appreciated by so many.

Thank you.


Without uttering a word, this one-minute video says it all...





18 comments:

Manzanita said...

Very nice, Mark. Thank you

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Very well said Mark. Well said indeed. I hope you have a great Wednesday sir.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well said and Amen, Mark.

Karen Lange said...

Thinking of and praying for Andrew's family.

Thankful for the veterans who serve so we can be free.

Kyra Lennon said...

Well said, Mark!

Melissa said...

Well said and touching as always, Mark.

David P. King said...

Such a powerful video, and the balloon is a brilliant tribute. As always, thank you for your heartfelt posts, Sir Mark! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That was a great video. Thank your family for me.

Morgan said...

So beautiful.

Bless your family and all the service given, Mark.

Lots of love to Nick's family.

LD Masterson said...

Having witnessed the shameful treatment by our country of those who served during Viet Nam, I am so grateful that we have returned to honoring our servicemen and women. It should always be this way.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'm totally in for Andrew. So very sad.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Sad Andrew is gone. Great that you posted Mark.

Gwen Gardner said...

Very nice tribute to Andrew and our veterans. My husband is a Vietnam Vet and he appreciates so much when people thank him for his service.

Unknown said...

Simple and succinct and said it all. Thanks, Mark.

M.L. Swift, Writer

Rachna Chhabria said...

Thinking and praying for Andrew's family.

Unknown said...

A sweet reminder of lives well lived and those who continue giving. Thanks, Mark.

Carrie Butler said...

Well said, my friend. And thank you for sharing the balloon. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - I didn't know about the red balloon and though I've missed the time - I will have some quiet downtime for the family and Andrew.

Your veteran thoughts too .. Remembrance Day is so important ..

With thoughts - Hilary

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;