#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Friday, November 22, 2013

50 States of Pray event update - thanks to all :)

Aloha,

It's been three weeks since I announced the 50 States of Pray event and I wanted to share an update.

I've had a ton of positive interest, several (cleared) misunderstandings and no negative feedback.

With less than two weeks to go before the Linky List opens, there are already twenty people pledged to represent their state and one person representing a foreign state.

Full details about the 50 States of Pray event are here, but the basic goal is that I'd love to find at least one person (but the more the merrier) from each U.S. state to participate.

But wait! (as they say on TV:) This is absolutely open to anyone, anywhere. Imagine if we got one person from 50 independent states (countries), too. That would be amazing!

If interested, please join the Linky List Monday, Dec. 2, 2013 and then on Christmas Eve, take a moment, (and in about 100 words), share a prayer, a thought, a memory, a hope, a regret about the past and/or a wish for the future.

Posts can obviously be scheduled ahead of time (at least on Blogger) and I'm not expecting people to comment on a lot of blogs - it's Christmas Eve! - but I believe these posts will have the ability to bring some comfort and/or peace to the right reader at the right time.

Thanks for all those who've pledged their support and I would ask that folks continue to help me spread the word through Blog mentions, Button grabs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

Hopes. Dreams. Heart.

30 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

I'll be happy to participate. (:

Mark Koopmans said...

Merci, Elise... I'll write France down in your column :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

All ready to sign up!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an inspiring evening planned, Mark. Good luck on it. :)

And thanks for dropping by.

M.L. Swift, Writer

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to participating!

Melissa said...

I'm glad your hop is coming along. It's a good thing. :)

Arlee Bird said...

I've got this noted on my blog line-up. I'm not sure what all's been taken yet, but for corporate prayer I don't guess it matters. Since I'll probably be in New Jersey at the time I'll pick NJ, but I'll be praying for Tennessee and California as well since those both matter a lot to me.

Good event for Christmas Eve.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Libby said...

I've lived in five states, but unfortunately, can only only post from one. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

This sounds wonderful, Mark. I like the name. 50 States of Pray has a nice ring to it.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark .. I'm sure I can do this - so count me in .. not sure where I live though - as you may have a UKer already ..

Cheers Hilary

S.P. Bowers said...

Hmmm, guess I better start planning my post.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I love this idea and will be signing up.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Glad to help and can't wait Mark.

Elephant's Child said...

Brilliant idea. And so very necessary at what is a difficult time of year for so many people.

StratPlayerCJF said...

Oh yeah -- already planning my Hoosier-centric Indiana post...

Yolanda Renée said...

A truly worthwhile project, grabbing my button! Inspiration for the blogosphere and the world!

~Sia McKye~ said...

I must have fallen on my head somewhere or fell into a crack, lol! This is the first I've heard of this.

I'll have to think on this a bit. I don't write prayers--I'm more of the conversation with the Father sort, but there are memories...oh-kay I'm thinking....

Sia McKye Over Coffee

SpacerGuy said...

Great event for the festive season, Mark.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm ready! I'll have to get my butt in gear to spread the word...or at least put it on my side bar. Have you announced it in day dreamers?

Unknown said...

I'd be happy to particpate- I'm from New York

klahanie said...

Mazza dude,

Y'all have an awesome time with this. Even thought I'm not involved, I do discreetly share your posting in the background.

I hope, no matter what um State, you're in, you have an awesome time. I shall represent the Independent Republic of Penny :)

Wishing you a good weekend.

Gary

Elizabeth Marro said...

Hi, Mark, Elizabeth again (aka Betsy). Not sure my other reply to your earlier question made it through. I can indeed represent NH on the States of Pray day. Looking forward to it. I guess I have not tended to my google profile but you can find me on Facebook under Betsy Donovan Marro and also here on my blog:http://elizabethmarroblog.com. I'll work on the Google thing soon!

Sarah Allen said...

Hey, did you need a Nevadan? This sounds great!

Sarah Allen
(From Sarah, with Joy)

Unknown said...

Mark, whether I post on a blog or not, I will definitely be joining all who lift prayers up on Christmas eve-- I love the idea of writers coming together.

Huntress said...

Sounds good.

Vanessa Morgan said...

Looking forward to participating.

Meradeth Houston said...

I'd be happy to sign up. Montana's gotta represent :) (Well, this Cali girl will at least vouch for the state, haha!)

Huntress said...

Blogged today :)
Author of Wilder Mage at Spirit Called
Facebook Wilder Mage

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Ready for Dec 2. Captain!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!!

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;