|Rhode Island Tree 2011|
This past Wednesday, Melissa Maygrove shared on her blog here a general gripe about life for her edition of Insecure Writers Support Group.
The reason for *this* post comes from a comment by Julie Luek who said, “Melissa, you crack me up. Maybe we need to get a bunch of mid-life women writers together for a road trip. Good heavens, yes, sometimes -- most times-- it's not about the insecurities as much as the grumpies!”
Melissa then responded with, “Yes! That's what we need to do! Road trip! Road trip! Road trip! :D”
This *CRACKED* me up – especially when Morgan Shamy said she was up for a travel adventure, too.
So, for a bit of fun, I thought I would arrange a Cyber Road Trip - but I sooo call shotgun :)
Stella and Artois, my two Virtual Winnebagos are loaded for bear and we’ll start our journey in San Diego, Calif.
(I would start from Honolulu, but the Winnies would sink like a Belgian brewery.)
Hawaiian Tree 2013
I've removed all the beds and replaced them with couches, which means there’s room in the RVs for everyone! Bring your tunes, laptops; writing pads, snacks and a beverage of choice (I’ve heard there may be some of Jezebel’s punch :)
The only rules are:
· I’ll start and then each subsequent commenter drives the RV to the following stop.
· So, first review the comment directly above you. Open Google Maps (or equivalent), discover where the RVs stopped. That’s your starting point.
· You can’t travel more than 250 +/- miles a comment :)
· You have to point out SOMETHING, (anything) on your leg of the journey.
· The RVs can’t backtrack or visit the same town/city twice.
|Rhode Island Sunset 2011|
· Can we make it to Morgan and DPK in Utah?
· Visit Julie high up in Colorado?
· See a Cubs game with Michael in Chicago?
· Grab some BBQ with Melissa in Texas?
· Snag an arc of CASSASTORM with Alex in the Carolinas?
· Go to EPCOT with Mark Means in Florida?
So…. Where are we going – and how creative can we make this?
|Hawaiian Sunset 2012|