#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Saturday, October 27, 2012

Most Valuable Dad...


Aloha,



While I have no problem sharing my silly adventures (like searching Victoria's Secret for the perfect Mother's Day gift, it is cringe-worthy hard to talk about me when it comes to nice things that happen.

But, a very nice thing happened Friday, so there you go :)

I promised my wife I would share this, because it is only through her efforts that I won the October award for "Most Valuable Dad" from dadsinthegame.com.

You can read my wife's entry here and the blog, which is run by Cliff John, a husband and father of two boys, will soon take entries for November.

From Cliff:

Every day it seems we stumble upon a negative article about a Dad doing something he does or should regret. Media gravitates toward negative press and forgets to write about good content - not a news flash. Dads In The Game is dedicated to celebrating and recognizing Dads who shine as a father, a husband, a friend and a professional. Simply put - I want to hear about the good stuff.
I want to hear from other awesome dads or from their wives or kids. Let's start writing about the good dad stuff and fill ourselves with positive content! As a husband to a wonderful wife and father of two amazing little boys, nothing would make me happier or more motivated to be a fantastic dad then to hear about what other awesome dads are doing to enrich the lives of their family.

 

If you want to showcase your Dad, or know a Dad who deserves an “attaboy,” submit a picture and a small post via their Facebook message inbox or via email to dads@dadsinthegame.com.

For full details, visit dadsinthegame.com.
 Thanks, Sweethie :)
 
 

24 comments:

joeh said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

From your posts here, it is well deserved. Congratulations (and oh my goodness, cute kids!)

Jeff Hargett said...

A loving father, passionately involved in the lives of his children, is a gift every child grows to treasure. I can assure you that the investment yields unparalleled rewards. Congratulations!

M.J. Fifield said...

That's awesome and very well deserved. And boy, your kids are adorable.

Suzi said...

That is pretty cool! Congratulations. I bet those little guys keep you busy!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congratulations -- and well deserved! I need to check this out and submit an entry for my husband.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Congrats. What a great way to lift up the good men in the world, and show boys what it means to be the best man they can.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Mark! We need more positive stuff. And you certainly do shine as a father.

Livia Peterson said...

Congrats, Mark! And you seem like a wonderful father and that picture told me everything, you're an excellent dad and one of the most ambitious bloggers I know! You are the man, Mark!

You have cute kids! Awww...

Elise Fallson said...

Awesome news for a great dad! And your kids are so darn cute!! Congrats. (:

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh! This is TOO COOL. I'm so glad your lovely entered you! It was a fantastic article & those little boys are so lucky to have you! <3

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Congrats to a wonderful dad! I love that there is a place to rave about fabulous fathers! Kudos to your wife for insisting you post about this. Way to go, Mark!

Tamara said...

It's so sweet that your wife did this. Congrats on an award well earned. :)

Libby said...

Awww, that's so cute!!! Congratulations.

Brinda said...

awesome pic!!

Samantha May said...

How sweet is that! Once again, your sons are so precious :)

Nicole said...

Now there's an award you can hold close to your heart forever! Congrats. That's a wonderful picture of your family, too.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a Hallmark moment! You can add Santa hats and this could be your Christmas card.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a Hallmark moment! You can add Santa hats and this could be your Christmas card.

Melissa said...

You put me to shame! LOL I don't know how you find the energy for it all. Kudos! :D

Love that pic of you and your boys. Keep up the good work, superdad. :)

cleemckenzie said...

I loved this! Great dads should be appreciated, so you've got my vote, too. However, based on the picture of you with those children, I think they make it easy for you to shine!

It's good to be officially back from vacation and connecting with my blogging friends again. Aloha.

Nancy Thompson said...

Aw, you deserve it! Congrats! I was singing your praises to the hubs only last night. Enjoy!

michelle said...

That photo is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Dads are awesome, and I know you're one awesome dad too. Love the picture! I can see why your wife is proud :)

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;