(Steps up to the podium in natty tux and shiny head…)
Before I get to the awards part of this post, here’s a big THANKS to everyone who commented on my recent Insecure Writer’s Support Group post.
It was awesome to see so many suggest I give myself the chill pill award and remind me it’s OK if I don’t stop by their blogs within 84.26 seconds of receiving a comment.
Also, if you’ve wondering what’s with all the GREEN on my blog…?
I’m in mourning.
I’m in mourning.
Ireland, that land of my birth, was handed a 3 - 1 whuppin’ by Croatia Sunday, so I’m in the grieving process while waiting for Thursday… when we play Spain (the current WORLD CHAMPIONS… yikes!)
Anyhows, speaking of awards…. I am such a slacker, but look what I gots weeks ago J
“…Because of the title, I hesitated to give this to any men except Mark Koopmans who is a stay-at-home dad of three boys and who could use all the encouragement he can get…”
I was like all “aaaawwww, that’s so sweet and so I bow down in appreciation, and would ask that you please visit this loverofwords :)
The rules for One Lovely Blog Award are:
1. Name and thank the blogger.
2. List seven facts about yourself.
3. Award five other bloggers this award (it’s supposed to be fifteen, but WIP is callingJ)
So, in 134 words (a la Twitter-ish), here are seven quick facts:
|No Cooking Utensils Were Harmed in the Making of This Post|
2. I’m left-handed – and can’t figure out my new, (first-evah) baseball glove.
3. I finally understand hash tags (#) on Twitter (Tweet me: @markjkoopmans).
4. I shared (with pride) a Retweet from the Football Association of Ireland with an Irish buddy. He said I’m now officially a Professional Twit.
5. I’m a simple man who seriously writes for fun and laughs. If you want depth – visit a swimming pool.
|Photo Courtesy: http://www.dutchamsterdam.nl/|
6. I lived in Amsterdam for nearly three years and never smoked a joint at any of the famous Coffee Shops such as this one :)
7. I did, however, try my one and only joint while camping overnight in Sherwood Forest (the real one, not one of the many subdivisions (… and that story is a whole post of its own :)
|The Great Oak, Sherwood Forest|
Without any obligation, I award the One Lovely Blog Award to my five victims, er I mean Bluddies (blog buddies):
Elizabeth Seckman at Use Your Words...
Kyra Lennon at Write Here Write Now
Elise Fallson at Elise Fallson
Bonnee Crawford at The Blogging of an Aspiring Writer
Ara Grigorian at The Rookie Scrivener
Have a great weekend, everyone, and if you're following Euro '12, I hope your team wins - unless it's Spain or Italy :)