Well, I don’t know how your weekend was, but I hope all was well, ‘cos I got a wonderful surprise Saturday.
|Cool New Badge Look :)|
Lara Schiffbauer wrote to say she’d put me up for a Versatile Blogger award.
Lara is a wife, mom, writer and a licensed clinical social worker, so you know this is one sharp cookie, so I was – am – honored.
She’s blogged at Lara Schiffbauer’s Motivation for Creation since November 2010. I’ve followed Lara for several months and really enjoy her posts including this one. Lara always fills her posts with a ton of great information, so an award from her means a lot.
Now, to accept the Versatile Blogger Award, the rules state I must share six things none of y’all know about me… but I’m going to mess with the rules … a little :)
Only FIVE of the following six things truly happened… the other is a figment of my imagination :)
Can you guess which one is a Big Fat LIE :)
(As I already have a 200-word inspirational contest going through Friday, there’s no prize except for bragging rights :)
Here are my six:
1. I was born in Dublin, Ireland and have moved about SIXTY times since leaving the Emerald Isle twenty-three years ago. While travelling Europe, I lived (and worked) in Holland (server); Spain (hotel entertainer); France (Opening Crewmember of EuroDismal) and England (restaurant manager.)
2. While living in Northern England, I once (on a dare) streaked naked across the length of the Leeds United Football (soccer) Club pitch… all the while screaming “You’ll never take me alive, coppers!!!”
|Rhode Island Sunset|
3. I moved to the U.S. in 1996 (with my trusty Green Card) and have driven coast-to-coast five times. I’ve lived (or at least driven) in thirty-five states. (Highlights include watching a sunrise in Key West, Fla.; nearly crashing a van while driving on the Brooklyn Bridge in New York; running out of gas in Pecos, Texas; drinking homemade wine offered by a Native American Indian in Blackwater, Ariz. and becoming a naturalized citizen in Montobello, Calif. on July 3, 2003.)
4. After 9/11, I wanted to change my life (which was already a mess.) I tried joining the USAF – and the detailer was willing to take me –the wages meant for a nineteen-year-old wouldn’t be enough for a thirty-one-year-old with horrendous credit. So I decided to walk around the world.
5. In 2003, I proposed to my girlfriend (who I’d met on a blind date in 2002) in front of 2,000 people via the JumboTron at the Shamu Show in SeaWorld, San Diego.
(Luckily, she said yes, but immediately asked if I’d asked permission from her parents. I had :)
6. Since 2002, I’ve ran one half and nine full marathons. I’m on schedule to complete my personal challenge of “Ten in Ten” when I run the Honolulu marathon this December.
(I’ll post the ONE Big Fat LIE at the top of this Friday’s post:)
So there’s five weird things you probably didn’t want to know, and now I can pass the award to six other Brilliant Bloggers. (Click the link to go directly to their blogs)… and the Versatile Blogger Award goes to… (Rips weird-looking gold envelope):
Folks, these are great peeps, and it’s been my pleasure getting to know each and every one since I started blogging this past September.
PS. thanks again – so much – to Lara Schiffbauer for hooking a brother up.
(Cheap microphone clicks on…) And finally, we know you have many blogging options, so on behalf of today’s captain and the entire write crew, we appreciate you flying with “Aloha, and Hi! from HI” Bloglines. If you are transferring to another Blog, we wish you safe travels. And, if this is your final destination, welcome home :)